Tuesday, May 24, 2011

CITY ADDITIONS: L IS FOR LINDEN


CITY ADDITIONS:
L IS FOR LINDEN

Getting this badge was a stroke of luck. I already have a badge in my City Collection representing Linden, NJ. Another was not on the radar.

As luck would have it, another collector contacted me and offered this beauty. It took a nano second before I committed myself to taking it of his hands. It didn't take too long to place it in a display case and hang on the wall.

This is a rather large badge, almost four inches tall. There is a silver eagle on the top who isn't straining one bit to carry the
gold finish shield. The letters are blue and look really sharp over the gold finish. At the bottom is a blue panel with the word "CHIEF" shining through in capital letters.

In the center is a multi colored State Seal from New Jersey. It adds a nice touch to a beautiful badge which I am now quite proud to have in my collection.

No comments: