Friday, January 20, 2012

MUNICIPALS - "C" IS FOR CRANFORD


"C" is for CRANFORD.  This is the 7th town in sequence in my Municipal Collection.

This is an old badge that has been part of my displays since the early 1980's. It is an unusual shape for a police badge, although I have seen this design in use in a few other departments.


I do not believe this style is in use anymore. I think they now use an oval shield.

The Town is located in Union County. It is a nice residential community having been created back in 1871. I wasn't there at the time.  


I didn't live far from this community when I resided in The Garden State. I often drove through Cranford and recall seeing residents using their canoes on the Rahway River. This is still an attraction for the 20,000+ residents.


The badge that I have in my display was for a SERGEANT. That title is in the panel just under the Eagle on the top of the shield. Surrounding the multi colored State seal are the words: CRANFORD, NJ - POLICE.

I like this old badge and appreciate having it in my Municipal Collection.

No comments: