Friday, April 20, 2012

MUNICIPALS - "F" IS FOR FLORHAM PARK

 F is for Florham Park. This is the twelfth municipal badge, in  alphabetical order, in my Municipal Collection.I lived close to this community prior to retiring. It used to be a sleepy little town just over the Morris/Essex county lines. Today I imagine it is still a very desirable place to live. 

When I lived there it was possible to see the (NY) Giants practice at Farleigh Dickinson University. That no longer is true, but the Jets have moved into town or at least maintain a PO BOX there.

The badge that is featured here is an old one. It was made in the traditional designe  with a State Seal stamped into it. The panels read: FLORHAM PARK, on the top. On the bottom is a quite large panel that reads: SPECIAL. It looks like it was applied over what was intended to be a number box.

I like this design so for a variety of reasons included it in the display. It is in very good condition and when I look at it there are some nice memories that make their way to the front of my mind.

No comments: