Thursday, January 15, 2015

ANOTHER YEAR GONE, SOME GAINS IN 2014



The year 2014 was pretty good, although I still have not obtained the Newark Star that sits on top of this post.

Below is the primary collection - Newark. It certainly has grown. It was the key to two trophies in 2014. That made the year fantastic.



In the center of the Newark case I have nine treasures. They cover the middle of the collection. The old hat badge, number C-93, is just outside the main focus, on the left perimeter. It is part of a rare matching radiator set for the rank of Chanceman.

Featured in the middle are two second edition badges, four old Detective Badges, and an older Sergeant shield.

Completing the perimeter (left, right, top) are eight "Old  Ovals." They are in number order going from another number 93 (Right corner) to a high 700 (Left corner). 

I feel good about having these hat badges. They are very collectible. They look nice surrounding my treasures, but I just might have to get a bigger display case in 2015 if I get another "treasure."  That would be a nice addition this year.


If I ever get the "Star" I guess I will have to get a much bigger display case. Maybe it should be displayed alone. Hope I can figure that out in 2015. 

Well in 2015, with your help, I will acquire that Newark Star. While I wait for it I will keep telling you about the remainder of the collection.

No comments: