Tuesday, October 27, 2015

MOUNT UP AND RIDE!


The above picture (copy) was recently obtained. It is Newark Mounted Police leaving their Stable area.

My Dad also rode with the Mounted Squad around 1927. I have his picture on the horse named Ginger. That is it below.



Following a few years on "Mounted" my father moved to the new Newark Radio unit. At the time radio operators had to be licensed, and guess what? Dad had a license.

Over the years collecting badges I came across the unique badge pictured below. It was also from the Stables where Newark kept their Police Horses.  

This is a unique badge, but clearly a Newark item per its' markings and Seal. It may not be a "police" item as the badge is stamped "Dept of Public Works."  I have seen this design used once before by the same City Department.  It is a one of a kind. At least I have not seen another one like it.




*****

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have my grandfathers badge that is similar but silver tone and just says inspector