Wednesday, February 24, 2016

TITUSVILLE - EAST COAST SHOW

I wrote "East Coast" because I drove nearly six hours from the lower West Coast just to get to Titusville!  In my younger days I would have made the trip in four flat. If not I would have lied about it. Lucky for me, Steve Bridges did not require a passport. He just wanted a few pictures from the Show. and I was happy to deliver. The guys with Steve are all winners. I think they can forgive me as I didn't get the categories written down. Anyway they look real happy and deserve a salute for a fine display. Here they are:            






















Now I left my wife with my collection from Newark with strict instructions not to sell anything. She knows better. Before telling you about the rest of the show I must (want) to show a couple of my pieces. Check them out.







































Okay for the rest of the Show. The picture below is of Marcel Jojola.




What a shirt. It almost lists the towns where he has served as "Police Chief." Marcel told me that during his career he was the Chief in five different communities.


Of course these jobs were not all at once, but at the end of his lengthy career in law enforcement.

Marcel was quite proud of his "record" and his display of articles from his career in the Show at Titusville.  Now if I didn't make a mistake these are from his collection.




















As I walked around the floor I was quite pleased to run into Officer Peter Hernandez of the Windemere, Fl Police Dept. Peter is founder of a new organization called "The Wounded Officer's Initiative." He hopes support can come from all fifty states to benefit officers who are hurt while protecting others.



This young Lady shows off her patch collection, and also lets it be known that woman are part of our hobby too.


A variety of exhibitors filled the room to capacity. I settled on getting a few pictures of items that you might enjoy looking at as did I. Here are a few.
































Above is one huge display. Take a close look at the three main exhibits. They take up the whole table top. This was really impressive.


As for the guy below I am not sure about him. I saw no tables with displays. I noted he had a camera and took more pictures then me. Someone told me he was a news media icon. Immediately I thought of Randolph Hearst, but that was wrong. This is Mr. Mike Bonderanko, Publisher of PC News. He had a good time too at Titusville 2016.













No comments: