Sunday, January 1, 2017

ANOTHER YEAR, ANOTHER BADGE

Well we have another year (2016) in the books. I made it !

I had a decent 2016. No major health issues. I guess that's because I visit the doctor every day ( seems that way even if not true), and my wife wont't let me eat. It seems like all food is bad.

During 2016 I managed to obtain a couple of NJ Marshal badges to help build that collection. I don't know of anybody else who collects this type of badge which was the forerunner of the police department for the communities involved. I have learned that with the creation of the Borough Form of Government many smaller communities elected to handle their public safety concerns by hiring "Marshals." I have around 25 badges now from whatever the number of communities that are in this category.  The picture below shows them off as a display group (that means the picture isn't a good close up). In 2017 I'll keep my eye out hunting for these items and try to add to this collection.


During the year I did manage a trip to Ireland  where I met two Garda (Police) Officers, who like me are members of the International Police Association. They gave me special attention which I certainly enjoyed and added a little something for me to display. The picture below (no complaints as it is a better picture then the other one) shows some of the items given to me during my stay in Dublin.




Of course I hunted for Badges from Newark. The wife likes this group the best as the pickings are few and far between. I do get some every now and then, and did get lucky near the end of the year. I have a few things to do before a I show these prizes here. I can't wait to write about them.

So it looks like I have some work to do in 2017. I wish you all good health and good pickings.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

No comments: