Tuesday, December 12, 2017

TOP COP COLLECTION: DEPTFORD TWP

TOP COP COLLECTION: 
DEPTFORD POLICE, DEPUTY CHIEF



*****

Deptford TWP is number 5 in my Top Cop Collection.

I obtained this fine specimen from a collector who was down sizing. Since it was a New Jersey item I took it off his hands a few years back. At the time I was not sure exactly where it would be placed in my collection.

Deptford is a place that for most of my working years was unheard of. It took a little research to learn that it is in Gloucester County down in SW Jersey, near the Delaware River.

This Community can trace its roots back to 1695, when it was known as Bethlehem. Although this is not the same place as Jesus' birthplace, it is the birthplace of several communities that were carved out of it, including the County Seat, Woodbury, NJ

Today Deptford is home to Rowan College, and also a very large shopping Mall. As to crime the area remains under control by the  boys in blue who monitor activities in this Community of 30,000 people. 

The badge from this Community's Police is for an officer with the Rank of Deputy Chief.  In the center is a multi color State Seal which would make this badge 1970's vintage. Above the Seal is the word Police on a circular panel outside the Seal.

There are signs of wear or age on this shield which otherwise is in good shape. It certainly deserves respect, at least for its' title. Its' placement in my Top Cop Collection gives it that Respect. I have it under glass, hanging on my wall. There I view it on a daily basis which makes me still one happy collector.

No comments: