Sunday, August 18, 2024

SPECIAL DEPUTY SHERIFF: MORRIS COUNTY




 

This is the Fifth Installment of  Special Deputy Sheriff's in New Jersey. The County featured in this post is Morris County. This was my home county for thirty years before retiring in 1999. It was/is a very nice place to live!

It measures 1.50" by 1.00". It is one of the smaller badges in this collection. I estimate this historical piece to date back to the early 1960's. 

There are two panels, and a ring, on the face of this badge. They are finished with recessed letters and enamel fill that is still in good shape with the very visible words:  SPECIAL,  DEPUTY SHERIFF,  MORRIS COUNTY, NJ, NUMBER 129.

This badge is in very good condition. I keep it, like the others,  under glass in this Special Deputy Collection. It hangs on the wall in my Den where I see it every day (Even without my glasses).

 



No comments: