Tuesday, February 28, 2012

MUNICIPALS - "D" IS FOR DUMONT

D is for DUMONT.  In alphabetical sequence this is the ninth badge in my Municipal Collection.


This badge is the old traditional design that I like so much. I have had it a good 20 years in one display or another.  It is a keeper.


The Borough of Dumont is in Northern N.J.  in the County of Bergen. This is a very nice area to reside. Roughly 17,000 people call it home. It took its' name from the first Mayor - Dumont Clarke.


The silver tone badge is simply marked: DUMONT POLICE. It also carries the number # 11 in an open number box. Stamped into the body of the badge is the N.J. State Seal.


The rear of the badge has a functioning pin and clasp.

This is another badge that I think looks good, and one that I am pleased to put on display.

No comments: