Sunday, March 4, 2012

NEW ADDITION: ATLANTIC CITY DETECTIVE



 
After several weeks of hunting for either a trade or an acquisition I finally closed a deal for a new edition to my City Collection. It will fit very nice with a couple of other items from the City by the Sea.


I found this badge on Ebay and made the purchase. I usually stay away from that source, but this one looked pretty good. It is from Atlantic City, N.J.


It was issued to "Special Detectives."  It is very nice crafted badge using a blue and white enamel over gold tone finish. 


The tittle is at the top of a ring that surrounds the "City Seal." The name of the City is at the bottom. I believe this badge was used in early 1900's through 1930. The manufactures mark is present on the rear,  which also names Attelboro, Mass. as the manufacturing location.


It all depends on where one sits when looking at an item such as this, but from this perspective it looks great, and will be welcome in my collection.

No comments: