Monday, July 23, 2012

MUNICIPALS: "H" IS FOR HALEDON


Another "H".  This one is  "H" for HALEDON in my MUNICIPAL COLLECTION. I am now up to number 16 as they appear in my huge custom made case of oak and glass, and lots of class. Obviously I like it

This badge is in great shape. It is the basic design with an Eagle on Top. Its' condition is impressive. At first glance that is all I can say about this item. I estimate it to be around 50 years of age making it much younger then me.

I had to check the map to see where this community is in New Jersey. I was surprised to learn how close it was to my backyard relatively speaking. Not far at all.

I guess I should have paid better attention to Passaic County, and its' big City - Paterson.  Haledon is right there. It is not very big at all. I can't believe how I missed it all these years. I guess it was because of the effort I made to steer clear of neighboring Paterson.

From what I have learned this community has about 8000 residents, and they do have a police department. Newer badges are in use.

This particular badge has a stamped from the rear State Seal at the center point. There are two panels on the top. The name Haledon is stamped on the first panel. The word Police is stamped on the second panel. The letters are filled with black enamel.

In the lower portion of the badge is a number box. Number ten (10) was applied at the center just like many other badges supplied to Jersey departments. They look good, and like I said, above, I like it.










No comments: