Thursday, January 3, 2013

NEWARK TREASURES 2013



The year 2012 was pretty good, although I still have not obtained the Newark Star pictured at the top of this post.

The primary collection has grown. I have nine oldies  covering the middle of the collection. They look a little tight. That is because I never expected to get as lucky as I have in tracking these guys down.

On the perimeter (left, right, top) are eight "Old  Ovals." They are in number order going from a low 93 (Right corner) to a high 700 (Left corner). I feel good about having these hat badges. They make nice trim and are very collectible.  They look nice surrounding my treasures, but  I just might have to get a bigger case in 2013. That would be nice




If I ever get the "Star" I guess I will have to get the bigger display case. Maybe it should be displayed alone. 

During the year 2012 I was able to put together a display of current badges. There are eight in total, including a matching set of breast and hat badges for  Officer.  Then going from left to right are: Officer, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain and Deputy Chief

This display is trimmed out with old buttons, my dads' blackjack, and a current patch. I had to get this case, and hang it, while the wife was away in NJ. When she returned she had no new badges for me, but she didn't say a word about the new case below.  I guess she likes it.


I was also able to pick up a couple of  "Unique" Badges that I have in a separate display.  Someday I'll do a the job posting them here.   I do understand that the interest is not in badges from the Dept. of Sanitation.  I ought to give that one to my wife as she does a great job keeping all my displays looking good, and going to shows with me.

Well in 2013, with your help, I will acquire that Newark Star. While I wait for it I will keep telling you about the remainder of the collection.

No comments: