Friday, December 25, 2015

KEN TOLER OFFERS NICE WEB SITE FOR COLLECTORS

I've been doing this "Blog Thing" for eight years now. I do it mostly for myself. I find it a neat way to chronicle the badges I have collected and put them into some sort of context.

As I look at each badge I found that they generated a memory for me. That turns out to be the greatest reason to continue. Some of these memories I share with PC News. You might want to check that paper out and perhaps my column: ""Collecting Memories."

I have also found that there are quite a few collectors out there that check this site on a regular basis. I can't tell you how good I feel when someone writes back to ask a question or two. Some even answer one of my questions.

One of the better calls I received was from some Sheriff in Oklahoma asking for some help identifying an old badge that was found in his County. Sure enough I recognized it in a nano-second. He was thrilled. He kept his badge, but sent me a patch. That's a good deal, and now it is a good memory.

Anyway, one of you recently wrote and, under no duress, acknowledged that he read and enjoyed this blog. Ken Toler, a fellow collector,  also shared his website, which you might find interesting. In turn I share it with you. The address and link are below.



No comments: