Monday, December 28, 2015

REMEMBERING FRIENDS


Another year has come, and gone. It's time to give a moment or two to remember friends and famly who have passed on. The above picture is of the "opening" of the N.P.D. Police Academy on 18th Ave. in Newark. It too has gone its way. It still holds many memories, so I thought I would share it here.


My first post remembering was in regard to the loss of a friend who was retired from Newark. Frank Donaghy was a badge collector too. He helped me with my collection, and other collectors as well.

Frank's grand-daughter drew the picture below. It makes a very nice memory. 


A couple of months ago I displayed a "Command Citation" awarded Frank for disarming a terrorist bomb attributed to the Puerto Rican Group known as "FALN." They made the newspapers along the Washington DC- Boston corridor way back in the 1970's. They just weren't called "Terrorists" back then, but they certainly do qualify. Frank told me the story of how He disarmed the pipe bomb. Glad he didn't run.

While I remember Frank, and my Dad, Herman Beyer, Det. NPD, I know there are many more names to note here. 2015 was a very bad year for those who carry a badge. I can only ask for a prayer and offer thanks.

No comments: