Saturday, May 11, 2024

SPECIAL DEPUTY SHERIFF: BERGEN COUNTY

 




 
This is the First Installment of  Special Deputy Sheriff's in New Jersey. The County featured in this post is Bergen County.

It is the first single badge in my display because of its' size. It measures 2.25" by 2.00". Of the "Specials" that I have in this collection this is the largest.

I estimate this historical piece to date back to the 1950's. I have had it over thirty years. Since receiving it as a gift I have added others to fill the collection as shown in an earlier post.

There are four panels on the face of this badge, with recessed letters. The enamel fill is still in good shape with the very visible words:  BERGEN CO,  SPECIAL, DEPUTY SHERIFF.

The fourth panel is the number panel. It shows near center number 252. What is interesting about this panel is that it takes the place of a State or County Seal at CenterPoint. Of all the "Specials" in this collection only two are without a State Seal. 

Despite its' age this badge is in excellent condition. It is under glass with several brothers in this Special Deputy Collection. It hangs on the wall in my Den where I see it every day. I am very glad to have it. 

No comments: