Tuesday, July 16, 2024

SPECIAL DEPUTY SHERIFF: MERCER COUNTY

  By: Dennis Beyer






This is the Sixth Installment of  Special Deputy Sheriff's in New Jersey. The County featured in this post is MERCER COUNTY.

Mercer County is the the home of the City of Trenton. That is the Capital of New Jersey, and the location of George Washington's surprise attack on Christmas day in the year 1776. 

This badge has historical value in its own right, dating back to the 1950's. It is a traditional Eagle/Oval design. It measures 2.25" by 1.25". There is a Ring with recessed letters surrounding a N.J. State Seal. At the top is a panel with the name, ROBERT WALSH.  It is one of the Four "named" Badges in this Collection.

I can't remember from where I obtained this Badge (And my memory is still pretty good). I have had it roughly 25 years. During that time I have taken good care of it. Now it is part of this collection of Deputy Sheriff's badges in New Jersey. I am quite happy to have it as part of my life long hobby.


No comments: