Wednesday, July 24, 2024

SPECIAL DEPUTY SHERIFF: MIDDLESEX COUNTY

 

By: Dennis Beyer



This is a Special Installment of  Special Deputy Sheriff's in New Jersey, because I recently obtained this badge from another Collector.  

The County featured in this post is Middlesex CountyIt measures 2.00" by 1.125". I estimate this historical piece to date back to the 1950's. The State Seal is an indicator of its age - reverse lettering in a Blue Ring surrounding a gold tone Seal.

The large ring on the face of this badge, also with reversed blue letters, has the words:   SPECIAL DEPUTY SHERIFF, MIDDLESEX COUNTY.

Of particular interest on this badge is the panel located at the top. It carries the name Dr Robert B. Walker. I could not find any biographical information on the doctor with connections to the Sheriff or Middlesex County (1999) I gave his name a good search and found no relevant data.

Today this "new" acquisition takes it place as part of my collection of Special Deputy Sheriff's Badges in New Jersey. I am quite happy to have all of them as part of my life long hobby.



No comments: