Tuesday, April 15, 2008

1974 MEMORIES


When my father died in 1974 he left a couple of personal items for me. The First item was an American Red Cross "Life Savings Medal" for rescuing a young man who was drowning. This was in the 1930's. The medal is dark and doesn't photograph very well so it is not included here, but is a major memory. For this post I will just focus on Badges and the Traingle Patch. 

The next item were my fathers old Detective Shield; and  his old Triangle Patch. They are both in pretty good condition, although you may observe the "not so good" replacement of number 70 on the lower panel. 




In addition to the Detective Badge I have also been able to secure a set of  Patrolman Badges  worn by my father. I do not know why he was  issued Number 111, and then Number 30.  I have photographs showing my father in uniform wearing both badges so I know the numbers are correct.


From   these items my interest in Badges became clear. Thirty some years later I am still collecting. Down the road I will post more about my collection, and some memories. Hope you enjoy this first post.