Thursday, March 29, 2012

MUNICIPALS - "E" IS FOR ENGLEWOOD




E is for Englewood. This is the eleventh badge following the alphabet rule, however it is here in my Municipal Collection, because of a lack of space in my "City" display.

This particular badge is for a "Special" officer and that title appears at the very top of the badge. It is a banner carried by an eagle.

In the main body of this shield there is an applied multi colored State of N.J. Seal. I guess this really makes it official, but I always prefer the older seals that are plated.

There are three panels on this item. They mark  the words: Police,   Officer, Englewood.

This is a fine looking item, and it will continue to reside under glass in my displays. Even if it isn't quite in the right location I'll keep it.

No comments: